Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Find: Finders Keepers

Today's Friday Find is a follow up to last week's discussion on how to tame your pantry. We talked about how simple organizing tools - clear bins, Lazy Susans (or turntables) and tiered shelving - can really make a difference in helping you find what you need in your pantry. So here's what we used to turn this pantry cabinet from 'ok' to organized!

Pantry Before

Pantry Contents
Of course as you empty out and categorize the contents, be sure to toss anything that's expired or simply isn't getting used. With the goal of making everything accessible and keeping like with like, I used a combination of tiered bamboo shelving and two kinds of clear bins - Linus Handled Bins and Linus Pantry Binz. Because I didn't have much shelf height to work with, I didn't ended up using any Lazy Susans. If I had a little more shelf height to play with, I probably would've used a Lazy Susan like this for commonly used oils, salt, pepper, etc.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the improvements. The bins help keep categories from getting jumbled together, the labels help everybody know where to find things, and the best part is that everything on the top shelf is accessible without a step ladder! But I'll let you be the judge...

Pantry After

No comments:

Post a Comment