Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Find: Create Some Closet Space

Today's Friday Find is a great resource for creating some space in your closet...and who doesn't need that?! I realized the benefits of consignment a couple years back, but in December, I vowed to finally consign some of my clothes after employing the good old 'backwards hanger trick' to help me figure out what I actually wear. I'm pleased to say that I'm now on my second round of consigning with a GREAT store (actually multiple stores) in Needham, MA called the Closet Exchange.

As an organizer, I have to give it to them...they sure run an organized operation! From the phone inquiry to the intake process, they are very thorough in explaining what they do and what you can expect as a consigner. One thing to note is that I had to wait a couple months to become a first-time consigner, but it was worth the wait (and you don't have to wait for appointments after you're in the system).

What I love about the Closet Exchange is that they take a wide range of brands. Like most consignment stores, they have high standards in terms of the condition of the items, but they take more brands (from high to not-so-high end) than many other stores. They are also very nice, which I really appreciated! I am not much of a fashionista, do not generally buy designer clothing and have had intimidating experiences before that made me feel like I wasn't cut out for the higher end consignment world. But not here - by simply doing my homework and prepping the items as they ask, I was so pleased to find that they took most of my items each time. They also nicely explained why they didn't take certain items. It has been a very pleasant experience each time, which is more than I can say about my experience elsewhere.

Better yet, I am actually earning money - I earned a little over $70 from my past drop off - yeah! For full disclosure, I did spend it on several new items that I love, but that's allowed when you've created some extra space in your closet :) Speaking of, I took a picture of the wonderful space I created in my closet from dropping off my items today...

My New-Found Closet Space!

No comments:

Post a Comment